Monday, December 3, 2012

My shoot with Kayln Rock

 Hello! So today I had a very exciting day shooting with my good friend, director of photography  Mark Raker, and the lovely and talented Kayln "Rocki" Rock.

Me and Kayln
  Kayln will be releasing a follow up to her well received debut album "Passenger" and I was happy to be a part of the album cover shoot. It was a lot of fun and we all work really well together. I got to hear some tracks from her first album and I really enjoyed them. She has a great voice and very sweet melodies. I much preferred her stuff to whatever Kayln and Mark were playing off Pandora because I was not allowed to choose the music. What I enjoy is apparently in the genre of "things you would have slit your wrists to in the 90s" and was not appreciated today. We managed to have a great shoot despite the absence of Massive Attack.

Some of the things I used today.




 For this shoot Kayln wanted a fresh, natural look. I used Physician's Formula Tinted Moisturizer in Light, Clinique blush in fig, Clinique mascara in black, Revlon balm/stain in sweetheart, Bone Bell eyeshadow in cafe classics, and Lush highlighter in feeling younger.

The look.
 I will be sure to report back with the finished product as well as when the album is released. If you would like to check out Kayln's music and support this great indie artist visit kaylnrock.com. She can also be found on iTunes  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment